Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is associated with storing and/or sharing specific content on a hosting server handled by a web hosting supplier. There are different groups of hosting services used for various ends, so let's survey these. In that way, you can conclude what you want, based on whether you desire to build a web site, e-mail aliases, or to share files with pals and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service offered by particular firms, which enables you to share big files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage plans are often supported by displaying adverts next to the download links, while a timer forces you to await a particular period of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a completely erroneous interpretation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would apportion the workload between autonomous groups of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous site hosting services (mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a brand of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given suppliers offer a hosting solution for images only. This hosting kind is suitable if you would like to share an enormous amount of pictures with pals or partners since the service is mostly free. You will obtain a random link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to handling your mail accounts. Some suppliers provide web page hosting solutions for sites, but do not supply an email hosting service. If you wish to possess an email address with your domain name but do not want to have a web site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can set up mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file produces a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video clips and several hundred web site viewers, you may have a hard time with your webspace hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will allow you to possess as many video files as you want to without hassling about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to have a website. To some degree, it comprises all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video files, etc. At GreatHosts.biz, for instance, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that allow you to have all of the aforementioned services in a single place. There may be restrictions based on the form of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the ordinary email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are created for specific content exclusively.